PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Politics in 15 years, post Twitter/Facebook

From: irongeek at irongeek.com (Adrian Crenshaw)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:37:39 -0400

I got to ask Bruce Schneier a question at a recent conference:
http://is.gd/bhxtu

I had  been thinking about this for awhile, and we even talked about it on
ISDPodcast 100. It concerns young folks now saying things on
Twitter/Facebook that they may regret later if they enter politics. What do
you think? Will people in the future be more forgiving of youthful
statements, or will we only be able to elect people so technologically dim,
or maybe just boring, to have never said something offensive on a social
network?

Adrian