PaulDotCom mailing list archives

dealing with nmap XML and NSE output

From: dgcombs at gmail.com (Dan McGinn-Combs)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:47:29 -0400

I'm in much the same pickle/canoe/kettle of fish. I'd like to automate a
process that would scan for open telnet/ssh ports and post the results to a
MongoDB database for reporting purposes. The problem is that parsing the XML
is a ticket to 'aich-ee-double-hockey-sticks. Falling back to the grep'able
output is nearly as bad with the additional caveat that it is deprecated.

grumble, grumble, grumble.

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 8:52 PM, Chris Teodorski