PaulDotCom mailing list archives

home backup solution

From: tkrabec at gmail.com (Tim Krabec)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:21:24 -0400

I've got crashplan running on 1 of my servers its pretty nice
also vembu storgrid is decent as well I'll have that running soon

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 1:45 PM, William Hooper <whooperhsd at gmail.com>wrote:

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Chris Merkel <cmerkel at gmail.com> wrote:
No major online backup vendor has a Linux client.
One thing to keep in mind - nearly every single online backup provider
(except Mozy and a few smaller ones) WILL NOT backup files >4GB. It's in
the
fine print. If you do any video editing, make sure that your provider can
handle large files.
- Chris

I don't know if they are considered "major" but Crashplan has a Linux
client.  I don't use their cloud offering, but instead backup to a
local machine and to spare drive space on computers at family member's
houses. I believe they also have the option to ship them a USB drive
so you don't have to do the initial sync over the Internet.

--
William Hooper