PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Blocking Unwanted programing from installing

From: infolookup at gmail.com (Sherwyn)
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 01:34:27 +0000

Hello PDC Guru's,

I am task with locking down a Microsoft SBS environment. The goal is to allow all currently installed application to be
able to run but stop the installation of any new application (limewire, AOL messenger etc).

I am aware that I can use a Run only list or software restriction "path rule", but since both of these can be very time
consuming if the users has lots of application installed.

Is there anyway to just allow all currently installed aops run access but block installation of new apps for a set of
users?

Thank you in advance.

Infolookup
www.infolookup.blogspot.com