PaulDotCom mailing list archives

dd-wrt pptp iptable rules

From: karl.schuttler at gmail.com (Karl Schuttler)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:32:59 -0500

Perhaps set it up as a recurring command? I forget what the exact
verbage in ddwrt is, but it should be an option in the commands tab.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Chris Blazek <chris.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
I'm trying to limit IP access to a pptp server on a dd-wrt vpn router. I've
got iptable rules that should do the trick.

I'm having a problem finding where to modify the rule sets to load my
version of the iptable rules.
I have found the file /tmp/.ipt that seems to have all the iptables shown
with iptables -L.

The problem is, everything in /tmp is rewritten when "apply changes" is
clicked on the web interface. I've had no luck fgreping to find 1723 or 47
in the filesystem.

I would rather not leave pptp wide open for whoever to try and exploit. Is
there anybody out there that has had experience with this or a suggestion
for another method to accomplish what I'm wanting?

Currently I'm running on a wrt150N with:

DD-WRT v24-sp2 vpn (c) 2009 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 10/10/09 (SVN revision: 13064)

Thanks in advance!

Chris