PaulDotCom mailing list archives

rdesktop command, use local machine

From: irongeek at irongeek.com (Adrian Crenshaw)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 09:57:40 -0500

On the windows client, using a .\ in front seems to work, for example
.\adrian
I've not tested on rdesktop client for Linux.

Adrian

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Robin Wood <dninja at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi
On a recent test I found a local windows admin account and wanted to
script trying it against a bunch of machines with open RDP. With the
Linux rdesktop command you can specify the -d parameter to say which
domain to use but I couldn't find a way to specify that I wanted the
local machine. Without -d on most machines it defaulted to the main
network domain.

Without knowing the machine name, is there any way to force the
authentication to be done against the local machine? If there is then
I've got a nice little script that will try to create an RDP
connection to each machine in a list, hopefully leaving you with a
logged in connection for each one that works.

Robin