PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Lotus Notes DB Recovery

From: mick at pauldotcom.com (Michael Douglas)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 22:36:31 -0500

yes assuming the db isn't corrupt it should just open.

One suggestion though.  make a copy of the nsf before you even open
it.  depending on the notes settings it could try replicating or doing
some other fun stuff... which typically is OK. but I did have a notes
developer make some lame LotusScript coding errors that hosed the
dbs... so opening the file autolaunched the unintentional logic bomb.*

Good luck, HTH
- M

* why in the name of $deity would you code an old record purge &
whitespace compact to happen on DB open?  Also (and I'm just
spitballing here...) shouldn't you check to see the select portion of
your query was -- you know right?  ProTip: there's a BIG difference
between ">" and "<" when selecting date/time fields.  Finally, don't
do that sort of coding on a Friday afternoon before you go on a
vacation!  We got it all working again, but man that was a long
3days... :-/

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Karl Schuttler