PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Configuring WPA2 & RADIUS

From: robert.portvliet at gmail.com (Robert Portvliet)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:43:02 -0500

That was going to be my next move, mirror the switchport the AP is plugged
into & take a capture of the auth attempt. (I'll do that tomorrow morning)

Like I said I'm coming into this a bit after the fact & didn't do the
initial setup, but yes the cert is self signed & generated using Microsoft
CA (I'll look into the settings further though), the clients are all Vista
btw.

As far as the network, it's flat with layer 3 routing only in the core
switch, each building is on it's own vlan, but the wireless vlan is the same
no matter what building you are in, as far as AD goes there's only one site,
each building is an OU under that.

I'm more of a Linux\Unix guy so I'm a bit light in the AD end of things, I
think it might be something to do with policy, but according to the systems
engineer you should be getting the same policy no matter where you go.

Thanks much for the help!