PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Suggestions on a Web App firewall?

From: netlacky at gmail.com (Robert Wahl)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:06:47 -0700

Some random thoughts on the WAF suggestions.

Breach's Web Defend is very cool, you can also load XML Schema for web
services which is nice.  If you are looking for in line deployment be aware
that the product does not have reverse proxy functionality so something else
you may need to throw up depending on what you are doing.  Imperva is
another popular product out there, my understanding is that it can do
reverse proxing as well, but doesn't do XML Schema and some other
functionality.  I haven't personally used that product so I can't comment
much.  Both have some additional regex type functionality to look at
information leakage if you have specific content you want to look for.

Then there is always modsecurity which is open source and has some tie's to
the Breach folks.  Akamai is introducing it into their stuff.

Anyone played with the OWASP ESAPI stuff?

Message: 1