PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Epic fail from RedHat?

From: xavi.garcia at gmail.com (Xavi Garcia)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 23:16:19 +0100

Hi,

My point as admin., talking about HelpDesk,

Lets say that I have created my image / kickstart file with the programs I
trust and I have tested myself, so everything works fine and I am sure that
my HelpDesk and secondline guys are properly trained to help the users.

Now, one example is the email client,  they can choose their own software
that can brake lots of things and Help Desk can't help them because they
can't be trained to support everything that comes from their repository,
unless we maintain a custom repository that will cost lots of money.