PaulDotCom mailing list archives

System Update Policies

From: xrsolis at gmail.com (Xander Solis)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 11:19:44 +0800

MWD,

SANS has templates that you can use as guides to writing your policy

http://www.sans.org/security-resources/policies/

-Xander

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Monkey Daemon <
monkeywebdaemon at googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

A few weeks back someone (Larry??) was talking on the podcast about
steps to secure a network that was previously unsecured, the first of
which was to put in place an update policy.

I've recently been asked to take on the management of a friend's SoHo
network running Windows and I'm wondering if anyone has any good
guides/links for writing a system update policy - I don't know if it's
because it's Monday, but Google is certainly NOT my friend this
morning!

Thanks in advance,

MWD.