PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Google Wave

From: gameman.pdcmail at myworkarea.net (gameman733)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 00:22:32 -0500

Just got a Google Wave invite yesterday and got to sit down and play with it
a bit today. I was wondering if anyone else on the list has had a chance to
do anything with it. Right off the top of my head, I see a couple things
that could make things interesting if Google has their way with Wave.

One of the extensions that have been made is a basic html code inserter, so
you can insert HTML code directly into a Wave. Obviously only people you
trust should be added to any particular wave, but one of Google's examples
at the developer's preview was using a wave for blog comments. I haven't
tried anything like it just yet, but if you have a wave that anyone can
contribute to, what's stopping someone from contributing this html extension
with some malicious (or even annoying) code in it. It seems to me like it
would defeat the purpose of some of the html stripping/encoding mechanisms
on popular webapps.

Has anyone else had a chance to look into Google Wave at all?