PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Launching Image Mount

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:42:42 +0000

I asked yesterday about how to mount a partition from a disk image
where the full disk has been dumped. I got an immediate answer by Matt
Erasmus who pointed me at an article on the SANS site which explained
exactly how to do this. It turns out it is quite simple but involves a
bit of maths and remembering which figures you are looking for, so I
wrote a script to automate the process.

Image Mount takes a disk image and will show a list of partitions it
includes then either give you the mount command for a chosen partition
or mount it for you.

You can get the script from www.digininja.org/projects/image_mount.php
and I'll also be posting it to the PenTesterScripting site
(www.pentesterscripting.com).

Any feedback let me know.

Robin