PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Web Traffic Monitoring à la Span Port

From: aqabiz at gmail.com (Abdul Qabiz)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 02:11:29 +0530

I am sure there must be a lot of tools like that. Some routers can give
you complete logs, even home class routers (netgear, etc) do have
logging capabilities (email the logs when its full, or regular
intervals. In logs, you would get sites, ip, time). I am sure you can
find a script that can generate various reports after parsing the logs.

This is the best I can think of, apart from the tools like wireshark,
ettercap, etc which can run in promiscuous mode. Though, I am not sure
if there is built-in facility to give reporting as you require.