PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Voicemail Penetration Testing

From: raffi at flossyourmind.com (Raffi Jamgotchian)
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 12:17:45 -0400

I think HD Moore had done some work with this recently
----
Raffi

On Aug 7, 2009, at 9:53 AM, Shane Kelly <i0null at nightcoder.org> wrote:

I am working on a project to test various voicemail systems. It needs
to be able to test a given set of extensions and try to gain access to
them by cycling though a custom set of default pins.

The issue I am having is fuzzy matching the response to determine if
it has succeeded or not. Is the feasible to be able to do in
real-time? If so are there any good ways of doing this?

I was thinking of using the Mgetty::Voice module from perl to
interface with a voice modem and record the response. It has the
capability to record up to a time-out or a specific event. It outputs
RMD files which can be converted to WAV for analysis purposes.

Has anyone any experience in doing voice mail testing or are know if I
am going in the right direction with this?

Modem technology is a bit behind my day so any reference material
would also be great help!

Kudos in advance..
Shane.