PaulDotCom mailing list archives

MYSQL Mapping Tool?

From: lists at truthisfreedom.org.uk (lists at truthisfreedom.org.uk)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 07:47:30 +0100

Quoting Rob Fuller <jd.mubix at gmail.com>:

What aspect are you looking at this for? Admin or Pentest? There are tons of
admin tools that allow syncing (which are also good for pentests too ;-),
 I'm sorry, but could you be a bit more specific?

Sure,

I've inherited a system that uses mysql_nss and therefore it's running
MySQL on all servers.

The issue I'm discovering is that while there is a named "master"
server that all the writes are made to, the "slaves" do not all point
to the Master, some point to other slaves etc.

I want to try and map which "slave" replicates from which "master" so
that I've a better idea of what links to where in the hope that I can
simplify the schema and setup multi-master replication for HA purposes.

The main reason I asked on this list is because I've got no issues
with using a tool that's designed for Pen-Testing if that's the only
way to do this.

Hope that's a bit more use, if not, let me know.

Matt