PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Kon-Boot on a USB

From: trklisted at networksamurai.org (mOses)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 21:16:37 -0400

Just wanted to put my 2 cents on testing for everyone on the list
interested.

Kon-Boot on a Windows XP SP3 box w/ TrueCrypt WDE (FDE) did not work.
Gave me an error about the BIOS being to big and that it wanted me to
change the motherboard(?)

Kon-Boot on a Windows Vista Business running PointSec for PC (server/
client edition) with Windows Integrated Login (which I don't enjoy
having) did not work either. Dies right before the OS loads.

Irongeek USB Boot did not work at all on that box it hung at a place
before that (loading the Pointsec system).

Anyone else try with Bitlocker or another type of FDE/WDE like PGP
enterprise?

I think the author can fix these issues or if he opens the source
someone else may do it, although it was all written in TASM32 so
probably only those who remember what TSR programs were can do it :)