PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Cisco Config Builders

From: carlos_perez at darkoperator.com (Carlos Perez)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 14:36:32 -0400

Thank you for sharing as soon as I get a chance I will download them
and test them since I also work a lot with cisco equipment and provide
any feedback of what I find

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 15, 2009, at 12:35 PM, Cody Dumont <CDumont at nwnit.com> wrote:

Greetings All,

In the Defcon Podcast the Paul and team asked us, the listeners, to
give some feed back and let the Pauldotcom crew know how they have
inspired us, etc.  So here is my inspiration story.

Having worked in the Networking and IT for awhile, over the last 5
years of so I have really embrace the open source community more
than ever.  During this time I have felt guilty about not really
giving back.  Mostly because I did not really feel I had any  more
to give, there is some much good stuff out there, I would just be
repeating what someone else said.  But also during that time I
started to use MS excel to build Cisco configurations, for routers,
switches, ASA, PIX, Local Director, CSS, ACE, etc....even started to
do config builder for NETSH and other items....

So finally, I feel I have something to add to community.  I started
a blog at my website ?www.melcara.com?  called Cisco
Configuration Builders.  Every week I will publish a new little exce
l spreadsheet which does some sort of configuration.  Now, please un
derstand, these config builders are not designed for a person who is
 new to Cisco.  Now, now...hear me out.....I did not build the scrip
t to do a lot of error checks and such.  If in the ip address block
you  put something like ?300.300.300.300?, then the tools does
not care.  Doing a lot of the error checking would just take me way
to much time.  Now, these are good tools for people new to field and
 who have been there along time to simply do the job a little faster
 and more consistent.

I use these tools everyday in my job.  While I can?t publish the act
ual tools I use, I am taking many of the components out and publishi
ng them.  So over the course of time, you  might have 30 spreadsheet
s that I have combined into one, but you will have all the tools and
 code to make a great tool yourself.

In true spirit of open source, these are 100% free.  I will not
charge for any that I publish on the site.  Please feel free to
comment, download them and make them your own.  I will respond to
any comments, but I can say when I will respond, but I will respond.

So, thank you all who have contributed to open source world, and I
hope that you find value in what I am posting.

Cody.
Note: This message and any attachments is intended solely for the
contain information that is non-public, proprietary, legally
privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the original sender immediately by telephone or
return email and destroy or delete this message along with any
attachments immediately.