PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Scanning for phpMyAdmin

From: jinxpuppy at gmail.com (Tom Brennan - Personal)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 18:38:32 +0000

and of course there can be no other issues in a webapp if nikto can't find them :)

Nmap+Nessus+Nikto a good way to find Network Layer aka known problems known systems for low cost or CVE

When you have a custom developed website (example: www.ALLWEBSITES.xxx). You need to look at logic flows, dynamic forms
and other
such as http://www.webappsec.org/projects/threat/classes_of_attack.shtml think CWE http://cwe.mitre.org/

Since 2001, OWASP www.owasp.org also has well known resources such as owasp-top 10, developer guide, webgoat, SAMM and
50+ others for FREE

If you have a custom webapp and don't think you have any webapp issues I got $20 bucks who wants to bet?

www.twitter.com/brennantom