PaulDotCom mailing list archives

packet injection on ipw2200bg

From: mailing at vankets.com (Bert Van Kets)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:30:48 +0200

Never mind. I'll just see if I can get my hands on an Atheros based USB
dongle.

Bert

Bert Van Kets wrote:
Does anybody have good resources on researching this issue?
I can't find it in Google or the aicrack site.

Thanks.

Bert

Bert Van Kets wrote:

You are correct. I changed the scripts to do the monitoring on the rtap
interface.

I can't seem to get the packet injection bit working when no client is
connected though. Any suggestions on this?
What is a normal timing to capture a packet for aireplay attacks type 3,
4 or 5? I find people reporting no problems in getting IV captures
without clients attached and others reporting hours of waiting?
Is there a way to force ARP Packets with only the IPW2200 present? The
explanations I have found don't seem to do anything.

Bert

Jason Jones wrote:

One thing I see that appears to be causing part of the issue is that
you are running airodump-ng on eth1 instead of the tap interface
rtap0... Also, not quite sure if you need these steps:
- ifconfig eth1 essid <essid>
- ifconfig eth1 key s:fakekey
- ifconfig eth1 mode managed

I don't recall needing to do them on my intel-based chipset cards in
the past and IIRC putting the main wireless interface back into
managed mode will kill the the the rtap monitor mode....

I found this page on the aircrack-ng site that gives a much better
explanation than i can: http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=ipw2200

hope this helps
-jason

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Bert Van Kets <mailing at vankets.com