PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Germany meets NY and SF

From: mikeaperez1 at gmail.com (mike p)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:28:59 -0400

Hi Nils,

I wish I new NYC better but I found:

http://nyc2600.net/

Especially

http://nyc2600.net/links/

Also, I would definitely contact:

http://nyc.naisg.org/

and, as a lark, try posting a question such as yours to:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/forums/?forumID=34

Hope this is at least a start!

-MikeP.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Nils <nils at hemmann.de> wrote:

I'd really appreciate any recommendation!

Thanks,
Nils

We are going to New York for 5 days and after that to San Francisco for
6 days starting September 19th.
Besides the usual tourist stuff what do you guys recommend as a
must-have-seen?
Please think geek.  Maybe that needs some convincing regarding my
girlfriend but I'll handle this...  ;-) :-)
I've been to both cities before so I'm at least a bit familiar.

Just to give you a clue what I'm looking for:
- Events around information security in general. (Cons, CTFs, Talks,....)
- Shops with geek stuff
- Maybe one of you is working for an interesting company e.g. in the
Silicon Valley and could offer an inside view on your operations. I
myself are with a fortune 500 telecommunication company based in Europe.
- Security Meet up groups
- Or you just want to have a nice talk and join us for a beer.
- Podcasts  -- Rhode Island is not that far away ;-)  --

...and of course everything else besides the geek stuff. Nice bars, the
tourist stuff in general, sport events, concerts ...the whole nine yards.

I'm all ears what you guys come up with.
Many thanks,
Nils