PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Tips on teaching security

From: strandjs at gmail.com (John Strand)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 13:52:22 -0300

Hands on...

Lots and lots of hands on.

As good as a presenter you may be...  It does not compare to what they get
out of the hands on.

HTH,

john

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Robert Portvliet <
robert.portvliet at gmail.com> wrote:

 I may have an opportunity to teach a class of around 10 or less
students, the subject matter will be that needed to pass the CompTIA
Security + exam.

 I have given classes before at a couple of my previous employers, but
these were fairly short affairs & I would class them more as
presentations with a Q&A.

 Anyway, I was hoping that those of you more accustomed to teaching
could give me a few pointers on how you structure your class, plan
lessons, etc.

 Thanks much in advance!