PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Looking for known/unknown vulnerabilities for DSX Physical Access control systems

From: mvharley2 at gmail.com (MV)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:58:45 -0700

All,

I have done some digging and have covered most of the obvious infrastructure
and computer issues one might look for when cracking a system like DSX SQL,
however I was wondering if anyone had specific vulnerabilities they would
like to contribute?

 MV

 I plan on conducting some insider tests against this product at a customer
location.

While DSX brags the following, the HUMAN issue is always testers best
friends;
See http://www.dsxinc.com/

*DSX Access Systems* is ready for Homeland Security Presidential
Directive-12 (*HSPD-12*) - "*Policy for a Common Identification Standard for
Federal Employees and Contractors*?. DSX supports FIPS 201 and TWIC
government identification cards.

DSX has an enrollment reader to ease the entry of the up to 17 digit number
used for PIV II compliance.