PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Podcasters Meetup at DEFCON 17

From: jd.mubix at gmail.com (Rob Fuller)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:00:11 -0400

*All, as normal, I have included you all as a BCC to hide to the personal /
work email addresses of those that wish to be.*
2nd Annual Podcaster's Meetup @ DEFCON

It's that time of year again, DEFCON, and if you read Justin
Foster<http://twitter.com/justin_foster>'s
blog post<http://www.developingsecurity.com/weblog/2009/06/top-10-signs-you-are-a-security-twit.html>,
you've altered your Gregorian calendar for it's arrival. Well, this year
marks the 2nd Annual Podcasters Meetup at DEFCON! Here is a quick overview
of events for that PCM entails:

We have a new website - http://pcmeet.squarespace.com/ (DNS is still
updating for http://www.podcastersmeetup.com/)

*Sponsors*:

   - Square Space (coupon code: "*defcon*" for 10% off the life of their
   account)

*feel free to use that code in blog posts, podcasts and any and all other
media.*

   - Astaro

*What:* The Podcaster's Meetup is a LIVE broadcast podcast that includes a
panel of all the security podcasters present. Its an event for listeners to
meet podcasters and podcasters to meetup with their listeners. Bloggers,
coders, hackers, geeks, everyone is welcome to the event, and if you want to
be on the show, that just might happen as well.

*When:* Saturday - (If the schedule looks similar to last year with talks
ending about 7pm local, the show will start at 8pm)

*Where: *

   - @ DEFCON - Skybox 207 and 208  (Thanks to the* I-Hacked.com* crew once
   again!)
   - LIVE on USTREAM embedded on the website.

**

*Who:* So far we have confirmed being there: *Security Justice, PaulDotCom,
Exotic Liability, Securabit, SMB Minute*. (Possibles: *Unpersons, GRM n00bs,
SploitCast, Phone Losers of America*)

This is where the hand out of the "I <3 Nikita" boxers will happen, so if
you're interested in getting a pair, with all that entails, show up and look
for the guys running the event, they'll point you in the right direction,
with directions on what to do next.

I'm sorry I'll miss it, but I'll be tunning in from Japan.

--
Rob Fuller | Mubix | Room362.com | Hak5.org