PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Sites to analyze a Malicious link

From: lonervamp at gmail.com (Michael Dickey)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:24:19 -0500

I think you mean a submission service like VirusTotal, only you give it a
site/URL and it scans the site for malware, right?

This is close, but probably not exactly what you're looking for. I just saw
this come across another mailing list just this week and I saw it takes
remote links. Have not tried it though.  http://www.allthreats.com/index.pl/
This is probably just expecting an actual file hosted somewhere, so you
maybe can't really give it a site and have it analyze all the javascript and
frames and user-agent-specific delivery and such.

Searching didn't turn up anything useful in 10 minutes, so...I'd now like to
know some links too! I'm surprised none of the big filter giants has such a
page, although maybe that would be a conflict of interest (steal your own
sales) or possibly expose their service limitations (but I scanned with the
XYZ submission page and it said I wouldn't get a WoW keylogger!).

(Side note: In some quick Google searching, I saw some interesting hits,
such as submitting a "is this link safe:
www.blahvlahvlahinsertingkeylogger.blah" to places like Yahoo where you ask
questions and users answer. Slick delivery!'