PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Request for help with Fusion Setup

From: matt.raspberry at gmail.com (Matthew Raspberry)
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 00:07:24 -0500

I use Fusion on my macbook and it works fine. On the virtual machine
settings menu just set the network adapter of each machine to bridged
and they should all be able to talk with no problem. Otherwise you can
set all the VM's to NAT, which will put them on there own network, but
then OS X won't be able to see them. I use bridged for all my testing work.

Matthew Raspberry

A Chris wrote:
More Help Requested!!!!!

I am trying to set up my Mac BookPro using Fusion. I want to load both
Backtract 3 or 4 and one or multiple vulnerable De-Ice CD Images to practice
hacking.

My goal is to have all VMs & OS X talk. I am having trouble setting up the
network in Fusion.  Any help would be much appreciated.  My goal is a solid
test bench.  It seem most of the instructions I have found describe how to
configure VM Workstation. The Interface in Workstation is more granular than
Fusion.  Fusion appears to lacks the ability to configure the network in the
same detail as Workstation. I found some old instruction on changing the
Fusion code, but that seems like a long shot.  Given the number of folks I
have talked to that use the MAC this seems like somthing that has been
solved.

Thanks in advance.

Achris0002

 In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is.

Yogi Berra