PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Scanning for Confiker via nmap

From: jsawyer at ufl.edu (John Sawyer)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:01:38 -0400

BTW, I fat-fingered the last part of the message. Enabling that flag
*will* enable the check for the DoS so use it at your own risk.

-jhs

On Mar 30, 2009, at 11:22 AM, John Sawyer wrote:

The Conficker check is in the latest SVN version of Nmap. It's in
the smb-check-vulns.nse which now checks for Conficker, MS08-067 and
a regsvc DoS.

nmap --script smb-check-vulns.nse -p445

For safety's sake, you might want to also run it with --script-
args=unsafe=1 to prevent possible crashes from the regsvc check.
That should not turn off the conficker check.

-jhs