PaulDotCom mailing list archives

delegating name servers in Bind9

From: nils at hemmann.de (Nils)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:18:22 +0100

Hey Robin,
Sorry for my late reply.
I've tested Iodine DNS Tunnel a while ago.
Here are my settings. Names and IPs haven been altered.
____
The name server setting on the mytoplevel.domain controlling DNS is:
tunnel.mytoplevel.domain NS     tunnelendpoint.at.home.
TTL is 600

The first one is the top level domain I control which points to the Dyndns
name of my home server.

____
Iodine server start at tunnelendpoint.at.home :
iodined -f -P secretpass -l 192.168.0.10 10.0.0.1/24
tunnel.mytoplevel.domain

192.168.0.10 is the local IP to listen on. This can be skipped.
10.0.0.1/24 is the tunnel network. The next client gets 10.0.0.2  and so
on....

I added a portforwarding on UDP port 25 to 192.168.0.10:25 on my gateway
(tunnelendpoint.at.home)

On BT3 running Iodine server I needed the following, too:
mkdir -p /dev/net
mknod /dev/net/tun c 10 200
chown root:root /dev/net/tun
chmod 600 /dev/net/tun

____
Iodine client start:
iodine   -f -P secretpass tunnel.mytoplevel.domain

You should be able to ping 10.0.0.1 now

Cheers,
Nils