PaulDotCom mailing list archives

3rd Annual Podcasters Meetup at ShmooCon 2009 - Update 1

From: info at podcastersmeetup.com (Podcasters Meetup Info)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 20:48:29 -0500

Podcaster's Meetup @ ShmooCon Update 1
(Sponsors still needed)

[everyone is BCC'd as always, we are moving to a mailing list soon]

We have had a lot of great response for everyone on this year's event! I
want to reiterate, this event is for podcasters, bloggers, twitter addicts,
and everyone in between. I would also like to announce an update to our
sponsor's lineup:

Sponsors:

TheAcademyPro.com / TheAcademyHome.com

--- These are twin sites catering videos to the security pro looking to
learn about everything from enterprise gear to Maltego, and the home user
trying to start the learning about security and how to secure their own
computers without going to you the IT guy in the family.

DojoSec <http://www.dojosec.com/>

--- A conference in Columbia, Maryland that is geared towards education of
the beginner to intermediate hacker / security guru. It is a monthly
conference with perpetual call-for-papers.

Hewitt-Packard <http://www.hp.com/>

--- No introduction needed, they are the maker of the fabled HP 2133, the
hackers choice 'netbook' (which we may just be giving away one)

Sunbelt Software <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/>

--- Makers of VIPRE the low resource AV, and the CWSandbox malware analyzer

Look forward to some awesome prizes and giveaways this year!

The Lineup:

The podcasts that we have heard back from as attending:

   - Hak5 <http://www.hak5.org/>
   - PaulDotCom <http://www.pauldotcom.com>
   - CyberSpeak <http://www.cyberspeak.libsyn.com/>
   - Securabit <http://www.securabit.com/>
   - Security Justice <http://securityjustice.com/>
   - SploitCast <http://www.sploitcast.com/>
   - Unpersons <http://www.unpersons.org/>

I know that Phone Losers of America <http://www.phonelosers.com/> are
coming, but I have had no success getting a hold of them. If anyone on this
list would get in contact with them to extend an invite I would greatly
appreciate it.

The Schedule:
(Until the ShmooCon's solid schedule is posted this is floating):

1700 - 1800 - Meet and greet, and setup (Everyone involved in the live event
please show up as close to this start time as possible)
1800 - 1900 - Live Show (This will probably go over time)
1900 - 1930 - Book signing and transition time

1930 - 2030 - FireTalks (more below)

2030 - 0400 Saturday - Food and Drinks on us at local spot. ( We are
fielding a couple options right now, but nothing locked down yet.

FireTalks:

Have a talk that didn't get accepted? Want the chance to share a project
that you are working on? Think of FireTalks as a verbal blog post.

The human experience is built on the ability to tell and learn from
stories. At SchmooCon 2009, "FireTalks" is a supportive environment in which
to either share insights or learn from others. Whether polishing a
presentation (story) for conferences, meetings or training, FireTalks are
the way to share, learn and improve.

The inaugural FireTalks take place Friday night -- following the Podcasters
Meetup. Talks are limited to 10-15 minutes with four (4) scheduled talks and
four (4) open slots. Open slots will be filled on a first come, first serve
basis.

Saturday night will be more relaxed. Come join us and present, listen and
learn.

When

      Friday and Saturday Night at ShmooCon '09

Where

      ShmooCon 2009, in or around the press room

The list of prizes will be posted as they materialize. Keep up with
http://www.podcastersmeetup.com/ for the details.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to shoot me an email.

Look forward to seeing ya'll at the Wardman Park - Feb 6-8

Rob (mubix) Fuller
http://www.podcastersmeetup.com/
http://www.room362.com/
http://twitter.com/mubix