PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Advice: Bash Scripting

From: eharrison at gmail.com (Erik Harrison)
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 20:55:40 -0400

dump out all the raw info to a text file. try the following.. totally
going based on how it looks in my head and not having actually tested
it, so.. you'll probably need to tinker:

cat textfile | sed -e 's/^Answer/\",\"Answer/g'
^should add in the "," before answer

cat textfile | sed -e 's/^QUESTION/\"QUESTION/g'
^should add in the " before question

cat textfile | sed -e 's/Answer\:\ A/Answer\:\ A\"/g'
^replace the answer line entirely with the same value with a " at the
end. repeat as necessary for all possible options

redirect the outputs as necessary, or chain it together into one long
set of commands.. whatever suits you.

definitely more efficient or more elegant ways to perform this, but
what do you want for free? :P