PaulDotCom mailing list archives

How to Proactively protect against Phishing attacks?

From: infolookup at gmail.com (Research Lookup)
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 16:29:29 -0500

Thanks so far for all of the great responses, I would like to ask a
follow up question.
Can someone recommend a tool or script I can use to crawl our website
and identify all of the email address.
We are trying to write a script to remove them, since that might be
one place where the spammers targetted us from in the first place.

Thanks again.
*+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello All:
*>*
*>* We have been targeted a lot recently by what seem to be the same
group of spammers trying to get email credentials from our users.
*>*
*>* Each time the try to change the email format so it looks more like
a legitimate email from our IT department. Not to mention sending from
different email accounts each time.
*>*
*>* Any idea how we can go about trying to track down the origin of
these emails(mail server or actually host sending the emails), and
notify the ISP or someone?
*>*
*>* Or even proactivly block these Phising attacks. How do others deal
with this type of behaviors?
*>*
*>* Our setup --?Astaro Email Gateway, and Exchange 2003.*