oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Node.js security update for all active release lines

From: Michael Dawson <midawson () redhat com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 15:51:28 -0400

The reason we post the link in the nodejs-sec posts is to reduce the work
for the security stewards and avoid problems with cut/paste. Markdown does
not paste into gmail and work is required to reformat etc.

I can understand that you'd prefer that we do more work so that your
organization can do less work but at this point that is not something I'd
support. We don't do any extra steps for any other organization and
explaining why a forward is needed versus somebody from openwall
subscribing to the mailing list is something I already don't know how to
explain.

I'm not going to rush to remove what we have been doing from the
security release process, but trying to explain why I don't think asking
for more makes sense.  You can always open an issue in the nodejs/node repo
to discussion/make a case if you think it make sense.