oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: darkhttpd: timing attack and local leak of HTTP basic auth credentials

From: Anton Luka Šijanec <anton () sijanec eu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 19:15:49 +0100

Hello,

I can see UID numbers in /proc/net/tcp6 as a non-root user even though my procfs is mounted with hidepid=invisible (ps
aux only shows my processes). My system is Gentoo Linux with kernel 6.1.69. Peeking at the source, it looks like
oidentd indeed reads from /proc/net/tcp6. I run oidentd on a system with hidepid=invisible and oidentd runs as a
separate oidentd user and does work (tested by trying to connect to an IrcNet server).

regards