oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Linux kernel: off-by-one in fl_set_geneve_opt

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 17:22:47 +0200

On Thu, Jun 08, 2023 at 10:57:33AM +0800, Hangyu Hua wrote:
On 7/6/2023 18:41, Hangyu Hua wrote:
On 7/6/2023 11:32, Hangyu Hua wrote:
# EXP

In order to avoid confusion i will publish it after I get CVE.

Hi guys,

I decide not to publish the exp for ethical reasons. Please email me if
any distribution's maintainers need the code.

Since some maintainers have requested code from me, I sent the code to
<linux-distros () vs openwall org>.

Given your previous intent "not to publish the exp for ethical reasons",
it's a surprising decision you made to share with all linux-distros when
only some asked, but that's fine as long as you understand and are going
to follow the list policy and make the now-mandatory posting of at least
the same code to oss-security within 7 days - so no later than next
Thursday, please.  Ideally, you'd pre-announce the date when you intend
to post the code.

Thanks,

Alexander