oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: OpenSSL X.509 Email Address 4-byte Buffer Overflow (CVE-2022-3602), X.509 Email Address Variable Length Buffer Overflow (CVE-2022-3786)

From: Tavis Ormandy <taviso () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 15:36:51 -0000 (UTC)

On 2022-11-02, Kurt H Maier wrote:
On Wed, Nov 02, 2022 at 03:09:21PM +0100, Hanno Böck wrote:
FWIW it only takes a basically trivial fuzz target on the affected
function to find this bug with libfuzzer.

I'm not sure what the value is of all this Monday-morning
quarterbacking.

Hanno and I have contributed months of programmer time on openssl
research and produced a ton of CRITICAL/HIGH issues over the years, not
to mention nss, gnutls, etc. What you're looking at isn't Monday-morning
quarterbacking on an unrelated list - this is active prolific opensource
security researchers discussing their opensource security work on the
opensource security mailing list :)

Tavis.

--
 _o)            $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com
 /\\  _o)  _o)  $ finger taviso () sdf org