oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: CVE-2022-1348 logrotate: potential DoS from unprivileged users via the state file

From: Marc Deslauriers <marc.deslauriers () canonical com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 10:07:34 -0400

On 2022-05-25 09:37, Kamil Dudka wrote:
On 2022-05-18 09:54, Kamil Dudka wrote:
The current version of the patch to fix CVE-2022-1348 in logrotate is
attached.  We are going to apply the patch upstream on May 25th, when
the embargo is lifted.

FWIW, I don't think the patch actually works when logrotate is built with
ACL support...

Marc.

You are right.  Although the patch mitigates the security issue, it is not
perfect.  I had already opened an upstream pull request to improve it:

    https://github.com/logrotate/logrotate/pull/446

I might create a bug fix release soon with the patch included.

Sorry for the troubles!

Kamil

Oh! I had not seen that pull request. Thanks, that should solve the issue!

Marc.