oss-sec mailing list archives

ISC has disclosed a vulnerability in BIND (CVE-2022-1183)

From: ISC Security Officer <security-officer () isc org>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 15:38:36 +0100

On May 18 2022, we (Internet Systems Consortium) have disclosed a vulnerability affecting our BIND software:

CVE-2022-1183: Destroying a TLS session early triggers assertion failure

https://kb.isc.org/v1/docs/cve-2022-1183

New versions of BIND are available from https://www.isc.org/downloads

Operators and package maintainers who prefer to apply patches selectively can find individual vulnerability-specific patches in the "patches" subdirectory of the release directories for our affected stable release branch (9.18):

9.18: https://downloads.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.18.3/patches/

With the public announcement of this vulnerability, the embargo period is ended and any updated software packages that have been prepared may be released.

Cathy Almond
ISC Support