oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: xscreensaver package caps gets raw socket

From: Tavis Ormandy <taviso () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 07:41:15 -0700

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 07:31:05AM -0700, Tavis Ormandy wrote:
- The code could use ping sockets instead, but they're still rarely
  enabled by default, and users have to set the ping_group_range sysctl.
  I personally think it's time to enable them by default, but that's a
  different discussion :-)

Oh, I also pitched using popen("/bin/ping" ..), but I think nobody is
really convinced that will work, but I kinda like it :)

Tavis.

--
 _o)            $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com
 /\\  _o)  _o)  $ finger taviso () sdf org