oss-sec mailing list archives

Plone: stored XSS in folder contents

From: Maurits van Rees <maurits () vanrees org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 20:25:34 +0200

A very good day to all you lovely people!

Matt Moreschi discovered a vulnerability in Plone and reported it to the security list, security () plone org. In Plone 5.0.0 through 5.2.4, Editors are vulnerable to XSS in the folder contents view, if a Contributor has created a folder with a SCRIPT tag in the description field. Full information is here: https://plone.org/security/hotfix/20210518/stored-xss-in-folder-contents Since we had recently created a hotfix package, we decided to include a fix in a new version, 1.5. This is available from https://pypi.org/project/Products.PloneHotfix20210518/1.5/ and https://plone.org/security/hotfix/20210518 The fix will be included in the affected package plone.app.content 3.8.8, which will be included in Plone 5.2.5, expected in July.

CVE number is CVE-2021-35959:
https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2021-35959

Thanks,

--