oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Gentoo's "contributing back" linux-distros tasks

From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori () amzn com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 10:48:30 -0800

Anthony Liguori <aliguori () amzn com> writes:

Solar Designer <solar () openwall com> writes:

13. Keep track of per-report and per-issue handling and disclosure
timelines (at least times of notification of the private list and of
actual public disclosure), at regular intervals produce and share
statistics (most notably, the average embargo duration) as well as the
raw data (except on issues that are still under embargo) by posting to
oss-security - primary: Gentoo, backup: Amazon

and we saw some contributions from Gentoo on these, most notable being
their work on the statistics (task 13 above):

Unfortunately, the last update of these statistics ("Last modified:
2019/10/15 01:52 by kristianf") is also when the contributions ceased.

As part of planning on getting this going again, I want to just review
the cadence and update duration.

I think this is easiest to do on the 15th of every month for the
previous month.  As example, on 2/15, we would post the statistics for
February.  Since the maximum embargo duration is 2-weeks, this would not
disclose any embargoed information.

Does this seem reasonable?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori