oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: BIND Operational Notification: Enabling the new BIND option "stale-answer-client-timeout" can result in unexpected server termination

From: Ondřej Surý <ondrej () isc org>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 11:27:27 +0100

Hi Hanno,

by the time Michael was writing the message, we were still reviewing
the fix for the issue.

The fix has been made public now:
https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/merge_requests/4714

FTR we are not treating this as a security issue as this is a newly
introduced option and disabled by default. Same reason why not
make a new release in a haste. There’s a whole QA machinery
around the release which means that we would be able to speed
up the release only by a week or so, and that doesn’t make much
sense.

Cheers,
Ondrej
--