oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: kernel: Multiple SSBD related flaws CVE-2020-10766 , CVE-2020-10767, CVE-2020-10768

From: Greg KH <gregkh () linuxfoundation org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 13:44:27 +0200

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 09:21:03PM +1000, Wade Mealing wrote:
A number of flaws were discussed in the registers article this morning
( https://www.theregister.com/2020/06/09/linux_kernel_bugs_spectre )
which have been submitted for inclusion upstream already.

Listed below are the CVE's that Red Hat has assigned.  As far as I can
tell there are no existing  CVE assignments for these flaws. I have
not done adequate investigation to correctly identify affected
versions of the kernel, however this is a flaw in the fix for
CVE-2018-3639, affected systems would likely be affected by the flaws
listed below if they required the fix.

Did you ask the authors of the patches?  I think they might have already
assigned CVEs from Google's pool, based on previous interactions with
those developers...

thanks,

greg k-h