oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Statistics for distros lists updated for 2019Q2

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f () gentoo org>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 20:40:10 +0200

On 26.07.2019 13:07, Solar Designer wrote:
On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 12:25:47PM +0200, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
On 26.07.2019 10:16, Solar Designer wrote:

Even if we set it to zero, it'd continue to skew the
averages.  So we should probably consistently exclude non-positive
embargo periods from the calculation of averages.  Will you, please?

Sure

This brings up and leaves open the question of what to do with very
short embargo periods like a few hours.  My suggestion is that we
continue to include them in the averages, but also add calculation and
reporting of median embargo times (also excluding just the non-positive
embargo periods from the calculation of the medians).  Can you do it,
please?

Adding medians is no problem

The non-positive embargo periods should probably continue to be listed
in the detail table, but a (foot)note should be added explaining that
they're excluded from the calculations.

That's also no issue, that said; likely won't spend too much time in
front of computer the next week.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand
OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net