oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: ghostscript CVE-2019-10216: -dSAFER escape via .buildfont1

From: Cedric Buissart <cbuissar () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 09:49:19 +0200

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 4:48 PM Bob Friesenhahn
<bfriesen () simple dallas tx us> wrote:

Is it known if this issue also impacts the PDF reader?  I see that the
involved code is Resource/Init/gs_type1.ps which is presumably related
to Postscript Type 1 fonts, which might be included in a PDF file.

My personal experience so far is that vulnerabilities requiring to
modify error handlers do not work when embedded in a PDF.
That being said, maybe I do it wrong and there might be other ways.
I didn't have an attempt with that one so far.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen () simple dallas tx us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/