oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: linux-distros membership application - Microsoft

From: Greg KH <greg () kroah com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 01:07:25 +0800

On 2019-06-28 00:42:06, Greg KH wrote:
On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 04:03:21PM +0200, Solar Designer wrote:
Hi Sasha,

Thank you for posting this application.

Are you also on security@k.o?  If so, then on one hand also being on
linux-distros would probably be of less use to you since I suspect most
of the issues relevant to Microsoft are in the Linux kernel, but on the
other hand you could serve as a liaison to that group.

Sasha is not on security@k.o, someone else there is _supposed_ to be the
liason to the linux-distros list, but I don't know how well that is
working at the moment as I am not on -distros (nor do I want to be at
this point in time.)

I don't think it happens much, if ever these days. The only kernel
issues that go to linux-distros seem to be ones that are reported up
through a distro or where the discoverer makes a point to include both
lists.

It would be good to improve the situation but I don't know if one person
could manage it alone.

The number of "real" bugs reported to security@k.o is really low these
days (max 1 per week, maybe lower, haven't kept track in a long time),
the load shouldn't be that hard.  And again, there is at least one
member on that alias that was supposed to be doing this already...

thanks,

greg k-h