oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE-2019-5736: runc container breakout (all versions)

From: Aleksa Sarai <asarai () suse de>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 20:09:34 +1100

On 2019-02-13, Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden () gmail com> wrote:
I think that someone already posted a PoC on github, AFAIK.

Yes, there is a PoC that someone outside of the embargo posted on
GitHub (it is quite different to the one we have but it is using a
related issue which our patch also fixed). At this point I might as well
post the actual exploit code (given that the original vulnerability
authors have published a blog post that basically outlines the
exploit[1]).

[1]: https://blog.dragonsector.pl/2019/02/cve-2019-5736-escape-from-docker-and.html

--
Aleksa Sarai