oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: fwd: [vs-plain] Kernel heap overflow in bpf leading to LPE (exploit provided)

From: Greg KH <greg () kroah com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 19:09:14 +0100

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 06:22:09PM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
Hi list,

we were notified on the Linux distros list of a vulnerability in the bpf
subsystem of the Linux kernel.

I asked the reported (Wei Wu) if security@k.o had been notified, and
this was done in the following mail, leading Eric Dumazet to suggest
posting this on netdev.

In turn, this has been done just afterwards [1] so the issue is now
public. According to the linux-distros list policy, the original
reporter should also have made the issue public here, but failed to do
that.

I'm posting this right now in order to raise awareness for the
distributions already including 4.19 in a supported release.

As was discussed further on one of the threads on this topic, it looks
like this is a 4.20-rc issue only, and that 4.19 does not have this
issue.  So it might not be relevant to any distro at all, but I suggest
that people test themselves to be sure.

thanks,

greg k-h