oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Libc Realpath Buffer Underflow CVE-2018-1000001 expolit source code for SuSE 12 SP2

From: halfdog <me () halfdog net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 20:32:31 +0000

Hello Lao,

zrlw () sina com wrote:
Hi, i wrote a exploit  base on  halfdog's RationalLove.c, and
successfully tested on SuSE Enterprise Server 12 SP 2.I want
send it back to halfdog, but it seemed that my email always
be rejected(maybe because i'm in china), ...

You message was received technically. I just did not find any
motivation to fetch my messages for half a year. Sorry about that.

... may you transfer it
to halfdog? all the code belong to him. Thanks!LaoWei2018/6/25

Good work! I put it to [0] mentioning it in the text and timeline,
so that it can be found. Send me a note if the text is appropriate
for you. I can also add a link to your blog/additional explanations,
how you managed to create a solution for SuSE.

hd

[0] https://www.halfdog.net/Security/2017/LibcRealpathBufferUnderflow/RationalLove-SuSE12-SP2.c