oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: accepting new members to (linux-)distros lists

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 22:57:41 +0200

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 01:52:37PM -0600, Kurt Seifried wrote:
Ah I misunderstood the backup, I thought it meant people within a distro, not actual distros, I'm fine with a backup
distro. As for the tasks I meant 1 and 2 technical,

Great.  I've just listed Red Hat for those.

we generally do this work anyways.

I didn't collect statistics, but my impression is that Red Hat generally
works on fixes for issues that Red Hat itself brings to distros, which
is a great contribution (doubly so).  Red Hat also worked on glibc fixes
for Stack Clash.  Other than that, for issues brought to distros by
third-parties I think Red Hat's contributions of fixes do not stand out
compared to some other distros'.  Maybe that will now improve. :-)

And I am not complaining.  Maybe this means those other distros are
doing their part too, which is great.