oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: remote heap overflow in linux networking stack

From: Andrej Nemec <anemec () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:52:28 +0200

Hello Alexander, Jason,

This is the issue that I referenced in [1]. We have internally decided
that it's worth to assign a CVE even though it's public and there is a
risk of duplication because the issue looks serious. I sent a CVE update
to Mitre, we'll see if they catch it and stop possible duplication
assignment.

All credits for this discovery go to Jason.

[1] http://seclists.org/oss-sec/2017/q2/119

Best Regards,

--
Andrej Nemec, Red Hat Product Security
3701 3214 E472 A9C3 EFBE 8A63 8904 44A1 D57B 6DDA